8.01.2012

Wednesday Love

What I'm loving this week!

1. OLYMPICS!
I love, love, love the Olympics. While I'm partial to the winter Olympics, there are so many summer sports that I love, too. I'm so excited that Jordyn Wieber nailed her floor routine last night! And Missy Franklin's medal ceremony? When she was crying and singing at the same time? I cried, too.. This is why I love the Olympics.

2. Fall Outfits
I'm starting to make my fall shopping list, and boots are definitely at the top!





3. Mamarazzi
I started to read this while on vacation. I haven't finished, but I do love the writing style and easy-to-understand explanations of photography terminology. Learning to use my camera was another 2012 Resolution (which I should write a whole post about instead of just randomly referencing them!)
via

4. Big Boy Room 
I've been thinking a lot about A's big boy room. I'm not in any rush to move him out of the nursery, but I know myself, and it will take me at least a year to get my act together. So I've started pinning, and actually already bought a bed! I'll share that soon (once we pick it up). In the meantime I'm loving these ideas for a big boy room.

Source: bhg.com via Jillian on Pinterest






5. Perspective
Some of my favorite bloggers have posted recently about perspective, which sometimes I need. This week, a fellow UVM athlete passed away from bone cancer. I didn't know her personally, but have been following her story. She was such a fighter, with grace and poise, and was an inspiration to countless people. I can so easily get caught up in this blog world, with all the pinterest-perfect homes and amazingly creative people...but there are so many bigger things going on in the world. I could talk about this for hours, but I won't. Sometimes we just need something that grounds us, and this quote does that for me.


Happy Wednesday, friends! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to all things Fall. Love the "big boy" rooms you shared, cute stuff!! Are you thinking about using two twin beds? I am thinking we might to do that when the time comes. And the quote is a perfect reminder! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I don't think so...we don't have room for 2 twin beds. But I love the look of them!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this, Jill. I am always excited to see when there is a new post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!