8.20.2012

Show and Tell Monday

Happy Monday, friends!

I'm planning to be back with regular posting this week. I was exhausted last week. If you know me, you know that it takes a lot for me to feel like that. I'm feeling a bit better today, thank goodness!

Today I'm linking up with FromMrstoMama for her new series "Show and Tell Monday"


 1. If you were searching for a home now, tell me what would be on your "MUST" list.

Are we the only people that talk about this all the time? 

• Mudroom/Foyer: This is maybe our #1 requirement in our next home. We need a place, separate from our living room, where dirty sneakers/rain boots/soggy dog towels can live.
• Open Floor Plan: I would love to have our kitchen/living room/dining room all open to one another. I wouldn't mind finding a home where we had to knock down a few walls to achieve this.
• Character: although C would disagree, it would take a lot of convincing for me to buy a newly built home. I've always loved older homes with character. While I think some of the new, more modern homes that are built in developments are beautiful, they aren't for me.
• Central Air: enough said
• 2+ Full Bathrooms: our home as 1.5 baths right now. Another shower would be a.m.a.z.i.n.g, especially when there are more kids in the house, and everyone has to get ready at the same time!
• Playroom/Basement: this is something we are fortunate to have now (a playroom... not a basement), and I'm not sure we could live without it. Where would all the toys go?!

2.  Show me your favorite room in a home {either your home, or any home, i.e. kitchen}. 

I couldn't choose one... so here are a few of my favorite rooms from my fictional home (aka Pinterest): 

R





 
3.  If you could have any room redone, tell me which one would it be and what would you like done? 

If you've been here before, you'll know that our bathroom is my least favorite room in our home. While we're slowly collecting all we need for a gut renovation this fall, I would love for a bathroom fairy to grace us in the middle of the night, with this bathroom!


 
4. Tell me where your favorite stores are to shop for home decor. 

Thrift/Salvage/Antique Stores
Pottery Barn 
• Wisteria 
• Etsy 
 

5. Show me your dream home {it can be your home, if you already have your dream home} 
 


My dream home? A big converted farmhouse, with lots of land, and no neighbors. A place where our guests love to come, dogs can play all day, and our teenagers can lounge with their friends. A place where the door is always open for dinner, and C and I can enjoy long, lazy Saturday mornings on the front porch with coffee. A place I could call home for the next 70 years, and then pass onto my children....

That's my dream!

6 comments:

  1. you and I both on the bathroom deal. Its a working progress for us.

    I love your idea of big converted farmhouse with LOTS of land. Sounds so peaceful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing your updates to your master bathroom :)

      Delete
  2. I love old farmhouses...they have such character to them. That last picture is so gorgeous and dreamy looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Love your blog, and look forward to reading more!

      Delete
  3. We are so on the same page with the old but updated farmhouse with lots of land and no neighbors! I love how you described it as well, "a place where the door is always open!" Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!