8.03.2012

Vacation Finds & Living Room Update

One of my favorite parts of vacationing in Maine is visiting all the wonderful thrift & antique shops. My husband knows that anytime we visit, we have to carve out a little time to stop at my favorites. In a perfect world, I'd like to browse all these stores before the sun is up, with a great cup of coffee and all the time in the world. But it was our 'date night' so I had to be quick!

Our first stop was at Cattail Farm Antiques in Wells. This store has always been one of my favorites: two floors of unique items, all staged in different "rooms". We debated a few different items to take home, but ended up settling on this great green bird. I'd be lying if I told you that I knew what kind of bird it was. One day I'll look it up! I thought he would be a great summer update to the living room.


Later in the week, we decided to visit a store hidden from the road called Antiques on Nine. Oh my goodness - this is my new favorite store! It's is the perfect mix of old and new, and every display is beautifully staged. From vintage oars to Dash & Albert Rugs, you could browse here for hours. I wish I had taken pictures to share (but my antsy toddler in the parking had me moving fast!). I will definitely take pictures next time! I could have easily spent a thousand dollars in this store, but showed some self-restraint. I did find these authentic buoys - there were at least a hundred to choose from!


I was also able to see the new (to me) Dash & Albert pillows. I had seen them online, but was concerned they wouldn't be soft enough for everyday use on our living room couch. They were amazing! So luxurious, while still looking casual. I will definitely consider them as an update for the couch this fall.

Within minutes of returning home, I added my new purchases on the shelf behind our couch. Seriously! I restyled the shelf before I started to unpack our bags :).



I'm loving these new additions to our living room! Aside from making the room feel a little more summery (just in time for it to end!), they are great little reminders of our time in Maine.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Linking up with
Kelly's Korner - SUYL 
Debbie-Doos Newbie Party


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jillian! I am visiting from the Newbie Party. I live in Mississppi, but as a child, lived in Rockland, Maine. I wish I lived as close as you do now and could visit those "dull" stores my mom dragged me to years ago! Of course, if I knew then what I know now, I would have enjoyed every minute of shopping. I think you picked up some really smart pieces. Love the bird! I hope you have some time to stop by Still Woods Farmhouse and as we say in the south, "Sit a Spell"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Maine, and always think it is such a wonderful place to raise a family. I look forward to catching up on your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! Looking forward to sharing more in the coming weeks! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!