10.29.2012

Favorite Baby Gifts

Today we're home, waiting on Hurricane Sandy to strike. Both of our offices were closed today, and because mass transit into NYC is shut down until further notice, I have a feeling I'll be home the next few days. As long as we have power and stay safe, I can't say I mind a few extra days with my baby boy. He even let me nap today!

With the holidays quickly approaching, I thought I'd share some of my favorite baby gifts! Often times, I will want to give something special to a close friend, rather than purchasing off their registry. These are all gifts I've either given or received, and in my personal opinion are all wonderful!



Dahl House Frame
I've given this frame to a few friends as a baptism gift, and it was so well received. These frames can be personalized with just about anything, and you can choose the paint colors and grosgrain ribbon around the edge (you can't see it in this picture, but it is adorable!). They are all hand-made in New England, and are definitely timeless gifts that will last for years to come.

Etiquette Socks
These socks are ADORABLE! Perfect for when you want to bring a little gift once baby gets home from the hospital. The colors are fantastic, and Etiquette offers so many cute options in their gift packages. Everyone loves cute little baby socks, and you know that they'll get used often.

The Lab Onesie & BibPerfect for pet lovers! Etsy has multiple sellers that can customize onesies or bibs with a specific dog breed. The Lab only offers labs (obviously), and since Otto was becoming a big brother when A was born, these were a perfect nod to him. The onesie also has a matching lab on the butt - too cute!

Jellycat Stuffed Animals
These are the softest stuffed animals I have found, and are so well made. A has the elephant sitting on a shelf in his room, and I see another one in the near future as we approach the time to send our pacifiers off to the paci-fairy ;)

L.L. Bean Totes
Hands down, this is my favorite gift to give. Everything L.L. Bean makes is quality, and I can tell you from experience that I have gotten more use from the Extra Large tote than any other baby item we own. With all the traveling we do, this is perfect to pack all of A's essentials, and can stand up to the wear and tear of every day use. I love choosing the handle & embroidery color to match the nursery, and adding baby's new initials. This is definitely my go-to gift!

Custom Calligraphy Artwork & Frame
A new favorite of mine, Whoa Nelly Press will custom make calligraphy artwork with whatever quote you choose. This happens to be one I asked her to do for a friend expecting twins (her 2nd and 3rd babies), and paired with a mat & frame, is a perfect addition to any baby's nursery. This is a great gift for those friends who already have all the baby necessities, but you still want to give them something meaningful.


I'll be positing more gift ideas in November, so be sure to check back for those. Gift giving & holiday shopping are two of my most favorite things to do, and love to offer up suggestions for great gift ideas!

Stay safe friends!

Linking up with Debbie Doos!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jillian! I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you are with the storm???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those items do look lovely! Who wouldn't want to add them to their shopping list for baby shower gifts? Buying stuff for babies can sure be fun. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!