1.04.2014

Checking In & Our Christmas Card

Well, I certainly didn't intend to be away from the blog for so long... but life the last few weeks has been a non-stop whirlwind!

First of all - Merry Christmas & Happy happy New Year! I cannot believe how quickly all the holidays have passed us by. I LOVED celebrating the holidays with A this year - he was such a wonderful age to finally understand what the holidays were about, and even 2 weeks later, is still singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town!". Christmas is truly magical through the eyes of a child.

In the last month and a half, we've been very busy... hosting (and celebrating!) Thanksgiving & Christmas, finishing work (and training my replacement) before maternity leave, finishing the twins' nursery, Bella Carta's holiday season, and of course, enjoying our final weekends as a family of 3. Trying to balance working from home & taking care of 'me' was a challenge - I'm truly not very good at sitting and relaxing, and, little A was all about mommy, all.the.time. I can't blame him, he's not used to me being home, and of course I wanted to soak it all in.

Now that we're into January, I finally feel like I can breathe again. Monday marks my first official day of maternity leave, and I plan on taking more naps, reading more, and snuggling with my little guy before his title of "only child" disappears.

I have a lot to share over the next few weeks, of course, all of which is dependent on the arrival of our boys. Now that I'm 34 weeks, they can truly come any day! But while I'm still very very pregnant, I hope to be back to blogging on a more regular basis. And I'm also WAY behind on reading blogs, so if you see comments from me on some old posts, you know why!

Before I go, I wanted to share our Christmas Card from this year. We were thrilled to find a local photographer who did an amazing job with our family photos, and who has a daughter the same age as A (read: she didn't even bat an eye at his shyness or minor meltdowns). She was so wonderful to work with, and we love how all the photos turned out. I'll share the rest of the photos, soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!