1.16.2014

Twins' Nursery Sneak Peek

I won't be sharing the full nursery until the twins' are here. First and foremost, there are zero in-progress shots. And second, one wall is not complete until it contains their initials - which we are keeping a secret until their "birth"day. This thrills my mother to no end (insert sarcasm here) - she doesn't understand why I won't just tell her. Some things need to be a surprise, right?!

Until then, here are two pictures - one is my view from our room, and the other is their dresser & view into our room. Their nursery is so calming and sweet to me - maybe because it's (most likely) the last nursery I'll ever design, but also because it's super cozy. 10'x9' is a small space, but we made it work!




The dresser was a Craigslist purchase, and originally looked like this (photo taken by seller).




It was purchased when she was pregnant with her daughter, 18 years ago, and also used as her changing table. She was thrilled when I told her it would be finding a home in another nursery.

A little sanding, rub'n'buff and some new $2 handles from Lowes, and we had exactly what I had been looking for!


Hopefully only a few more days until our boys are here...  fingers crossed!



6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the rest!!! You did an AMAZING job on the dresser...it's perfect!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel very calming! Can't wait to see the rest and those baby boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I missed this post. But I guess I am lucky I've seen it already!!! I still love every single thing about this sweet room for those two adorable boys! LOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower& am thrilled to find your blog!!! Just read so many posts to catch up & what a sweet family you are!!!! How exciting to welcome two little boys!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog via Emily's. :) So excited to follow along on your journey! How exciting to welcome two little guys!

    Amy @ keepin' up with the Smiths
    lukeandamysmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the full thing! But, more importantly, twin pics!!!!

    Easter Basket Blog Hop starting 4/14! (Details on blog!)


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read each and every one of them!